Sunday 9 December 2012

Central Bernese Mountain Dog Christmas Fun Day

Central Bernese Mountain Dog Christmas Show


9/12/12


Today me, Mum, Ruby & Maisie all went along to the Central BMD Christmas Fun Day at our local village hall.

It was inside which was welcome news as it was pretty chilly today, Ruby went along in her Santa coat but once inside we took it off. They both had there usual 'We're Here' bark to let everybody know that had arrived, once settled Maisie quickly started socializing.

We entered two classes, Maisie - Any Variety Puppy 6-12m & Ruby in Prettiest Bitch.

Maisie was up first, there was quite a few in her class, all kinds of cute bundles of fluff! Maisie walked very sensibly up and down the carpet and awaited the results! Second!! We we're all very chuffed, we didn't expect a cross-breed to do so well against the pedigree puppies!


We then sat and watched the classes in-between and grabbed some of the buffet lunch, the girls were very patient which is quite an accomplishment for Maisie.


Up next was Ruby in prettiest bitch as always in fun dog shows it was one of if not the biggest class along with most handsome dog (which we should of brought Floyd along for!!). She stood very well... well... as good as you would expect a non show dog! Results were in, the judge walked up and down the line one last time.... FIRST PLACE!!!!
I was so proud of my girl! Looking gorgeous at six! There was some absolutely beautiful bitches in the class aswell.. I'm still in shock!! My Step Dad couldn't believe it.


After Ruby's surprising win we watched the remaining classes, with some VERY impressive dressed up doggies!! Pictures speak more than words with these...

(Dog most like its owner)
(Fancy dress competition, amazing entries)

The fancy dress entries looked fantastic, they really inspired me! My main hobby is something called cosplay, which is basically extreme fancy dress! I have a doggy fancy dress idea already!

Last class of the day was Any Variety Puppy, Maisie was up again against even younger, fluffier and mega cute puppies! She came second again!! First was a CUTE newf puppy!


It was a great day for doggy enthusiasts which I'd recommend if you're local to the Swadlincote/Burton-On-Trent area (we were lucky that it was held in my village!).

I'll leave you with some misc photos from the day.


I'll leave you with one pic that sums up the day...

Tiring!!!!

Thanks for reading people, next weekend I'm at the Ladies Kennel Association Dog Show @ the nec, I will hopefully do a post on that show too!

Much love, Kate (human slave), Ruby, Maisie, Floyd & Max! xxxxx


Don't forget to follow Ruby on twitter @Rubythecavalier


No comments:

Post a Comment